Here are some resources to help you find the tools you need to reduce, reuse and recycle as part of our Clean Coast Partnership.
Show your true color: Green! You can help raise awareness, increase discussion and prompt action about sustaining our natural resources and our beautiful coastal environment. Access to resources and information can help us all make smarter choices in our ever day lives. These are the choices that, all together, will determine our legacy and the sustainability of our world. Together we can make a difference!
Please place one of these links on your website and help us get the word out about www.cleanisland.org. We need more folks to visit and share their ideas for keeping our island clean and green.
|Banner 1 - 120 x 240 pixels||Banner 2 - 120 x 240 pixels||Banner 3 - 125 x 125 pixels|
Home and Office
- How to recycle ink cartridges – ehow.com offers options
- EnergyHog.org – Home energy efficiency information for adults and kids
- Going Green: Sustainable Practices Take Root in Hospitality – Reprint from HSMAI’s Summer 2007 publication.
- USGBC.org – U.S. Green Building Council offers green and LEED build information
Ideas and Products
- Idealbite.com – Bite sized ideas for green living
- Greenbiz.com – Online news and information resource on how to align environmental responsibility with business success
- TheDailyGreen.com – A consumer’s guide to the green revolution
- LetsGoGreen.biz – Eco-friendly products
- National Geographic – Environmental and scientific facts
- Green Building Guidelines – Baldwin County Habitat for Humanity developed these guidelines for affordable, efficient green building
- Worldwatch – Vision for a sustainable world.
Trash and Recycling Resources
- Baldwin County Solid Waste Department – Find out hours, locations and regulations for Baldwin County’s landfills.
- Allied Waste – Curbside recycling vendor for Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
- Wise Recycling – Aluminum recycling in Foley at 512 North McKenzie Street.
- Baldwin County Freecycle – Giving and taking to keep stuff out of the landfills
- The Green Book, by Elizabeth Rogers and Thomas M. Kostigen
- Hot, Flat and Crowded, by Thomas L. Friedman
- Easy Green Living: The Ultimate Guide to Simple, Eco-Friendly Choices for You and Your Home, by Renee Loux
- The Citizen’s Guide to Reducing Polluted Runoff in Coastal Alabama – Auburn University Marine Extension & Research Center